Summer is a time for casual dinners and leisurely evenings spent with family and friends. Equipping your yard, terrace or balcony with beautiful outdoor furniture will make sure that you enjoy the warmer months to the fullest.
Looking for some stylish additions to spruce up your outdoor space? Discover all the outdoor furniture suppliers in Malta and Gozo on Yellow.
Which Outdoor Furniture is the Best?
Choosing the best outdoor furniture for you merits the same considerations that your indoor furniture does. For instance, it is important to consider your lifestyle, your decor style, the size of your space and your budget.
Your outdoor space is an extension of your indoor space and so it is important that the same aesthetic flows seamlessly from one area to another. So, if your home style veers more towards the classic, a modern-looking moon bed may not be the best choice for your yard, garden or patio. Conversely, traditional teak furniture may look a bit out of place in a minimalist home.
A good starting point for your selection is the budget that you have available for your outdoor set-up since this may determine the material and choices that you should ideally look at. Another important consideration is your lifestyle and the type of outdoor space that you need to equip. For instance, plastic furniture is the most cost-effective option apart from being well-suited for rough weather, however, it may also require more frequent replacements than wooden furniture. On the same lines, man-made wicker furniture is an inexpensive option, however, it may not be the best choice if your space is exposed to strong winds since it is lightweight. Aluminium is another option that is increasingly popular since it is not only easy to move around but it also doesn't rust easily and so can withstand the elements very well.
Wooden and metal outdoor furniture are both favourite choices that are made to withstand the test of time. However, it is important to keep in mind that wood needs to be treated with oils and sealants so that it stays in tiptop condition for many years. On the other hand, metal furniture is very durable but may be more difficult to move around.
Having storage space for your outdoor furniture is doubtlessly ideal. However, the large majority of outdoor items come with a waterproof cover to ensure that they are protected from the elements during the colder months.
The size and shape of your space are also important to keep in mind. If you are working with a long and narrow yard or a smaller overall space, try looking for less bulky sets that will still allow people to move around comfortably. Larger spaces will obviously give you more flexibility and so it is easier to include a full outdoor dining set and perhaps even some outdoor lounge furniture to enjoy your free time to the full. Don't forget to add a couple of beautiful planters for colour and visual interest. If your garden is also in need of a makeover, we have collected the best tricks that professionals use when they're landscaping gardens.
Outdoor Furniture in Malta
There is a large number of outdoor furniture suppliers distributed across Malta and Gozo. The vast majority of these stores will have displays with the different models that one can purchase. This makes it easier to see which option would make the ideal option for your outdoor space.
Many items are usually available and it is possible to buy anything from sun loungers, hammocks, outdoor sofas to folding outdoor furniture. Prices can vary considerably depending on the type of item and the material chosen.
Delivery in Malta and Gozo is usually available, particularly for bulkier items that are more difficult to transport.
Looking for a specific type of furniture? Have a look at these businesses listed on Yellow that sell garden furniture.
The Great Outdoors - Tips for Maximum Alfresco Enjoyment
A great outdoor set-up provides the perfect place for relaxing on balmy summer evenings, perhaps with a nice bottle of wine and delicious food. Here are some easy tips to make the most of the warmer months and your beautiful outdoor area:
- Serve great nibbles: Setting out some yummy nibbles is the ideal start to a lovely summery evening and a scrumptious spread could not be easier to prepare - think assorted nuts, a few dips and cold cuts.
- Prepare easy meals: It's summertime and the living is easy! So why worry about complicated meals? Make a batch of tasty barbecue chicken and jacket potatoes or a big bowl of pasta salad and ice cream for dessert.
- Amp up the ambience: Lighting up some candles or putting up some fairy lights is a simple thing that doesn't take much effort but instantly creates a lovely atmosphere and sets the mood.
- Create an outdoor bar: Dedicate a part of your outdoor space to drinks and let your guests help themselves to whatever they fancy - include favourite spirits like gin, vodka and whiskey, some mixers and don't forget to fill up a container with ice and cold beers.
- Keep the mosquitos at bay: Nothing ruins a fun evening faster than pesky mosquito bites! Lavender, rosemary and basil plants will not only make your outdoor area more beautiful but will also repel insects and don't forget to light up a few citronella candles to create a bug-free space.