Our hands are constantly in action - we need them to work, clean and to help us convey our message when we speak. That's why it's important to take care of them and pamper them a little from time to time.
Are you looking for a nail technician to take care of your hands and nails? Discover all the service providers that can help you on Yellow!
Putting Your Best Hand Forward
The expression 'talking with our hands' is popular for a reason; our hands really are an extension of our vocal communication and help to show if we are feeling happy, angry or sad. They are also one of the first things that people will see when interacting with us and so having presentable hands is very important.
Regular visits to your nail technician of choice will doubtlessly ensure that your hands are always flawless. However, there are also a few simple things that we can all do to make sure that our hands and nails are in tip top condition. For instance, wearing gloves while doing house chores helps to protect them against harsh chemicals while applying a hand/nail cream regularly promotes smooth skin and healthy nails.
Nail Technician Services Available in Malta
There is a large number of nail technicians distributed across the Maltese Islands with various opening hours to suit every client's schedule.
All qualified nail technicians offer the following services:
- Gel nails: This is a gel overlay that is brushed on the nails with the purpose of making them stronger and if desired, longer. The nails are then "cured" under a UV L.E.D lamp so as to seal all the layers and make them durable.
- Acrylic nails: This is also a common form of artificial nails that is placed over the client's natural ones before applying colour. Acrylic nails are created by mixing together liquid monomer and powder polymer which hardens when exposed to air.
- Gel nail polish: Clients who have naturally strong nails may wish to opt for gel nail polish. This is a process where the technician applies a gel-based base coat, polish and top coat on natural nails before "curing" them. This type of application is often preferred over regular nail polish since it provides a high-shine or matte finish (depending on the client's preference) that does not chip easily and can last between two to four weeks, if cared for properly.
- Extensions: Many clients who experience difficulty in growing their natural nails or who have naturally weak nails often ask their nail technician for extensions to lengthen them. The most common extension materials are acrylic and gel with fills typically being required every two to four weeks.
- Nail art: Nails can become mini canvases where skilled technicians are able to create simple or very complex designs that could be anything from stripes, flowers and hearts to graphic and abstract designs.
- Manicures and pedicures: Manicures and pedicures are longer procedures where the nail technician takes care of the skin as well as the nails. Manicures very often include exfoliation and moisturisation of the hands apart from nail clipping, filing and shaping before concluding with the application of nail colour. Pedicures typically include soaking, removing dry skin, moisturising and nail shaping before finishing off with colour. A pedicure is a great way to prepare your feet for the summer season but we've got other great tips to help you look your best during the warmer months.
The large majority of nail salons have a predetermined price list for the various services available, however, prices may vary for nail art designs that are particularly complex. It is therefore recommended to ask in advance if any additional fees are applicable.
Which Nail Shapes and Colours Are the Most Popular?
Square or round nails in classic red, a nude colour or in a french manicure are all timeless options that are always in style. However, it is also fun to experiment with a few nail colour and shape trends.
The most popular nail shapes include the following:
• Almond Nails: This nail shape is long, tapered and closely resembles an almond.
• Coffin or Ballerina Nails: This is another long nail shape, however, in this case the end is tapered and squared off.
• Squoval Nails: This is the perfect style if you like a squarish shape but prefer more rounded edges.
• Stiletto Nails: As the name implies, this style is very long and the end is very pointed.
If you are feeling a bit adventurous on your next trip to the nail salon, you could ask your technician for holographic nails or perhaps a statement-making neon shade.