Furniture lifting is back-breaking work if it's handled manually. Living in a high-rise flat or in a house with multiple storeys doesn't have to be laborious. Why not entrust a professional lifting company to take care of any lifting you require? Whether it's a domestic or commercial project, a public or private job, lifting companies can handle any job which is asked of them.
What type of items can be lifted?
Any heavy or bulky object you want to move in or out of the house can be lifted. Common items include pieces of furniture, sofas, tiles, apertures, bathroom fixtures, pianos, building supplies, white goods, air conditioners and photovoltaic panels.
When can you use the services of a lifting company?
- When relocating your company
- Moving house
- Finishing or renovating your house
- Buying bulky contents
The manufacturer or importer you buy from may take care of booking the lifter from their end. However, not every company provides this service, in which case you would need to find a lifter who is available on the day and time your items are delivered. Keep in mind that lifters charge per hour, so if you keep them waiting, you'd still need to pay them for the time they spend there.
What do you need to consider when booking a lifting company?
- Height: Not all lifters reach the same heights so make sure you specify the floor you're on.
- Weight: Lifters have different maximum capacities so specify the type of items you have.
- Accessibility: Do you live in an alley or in a poorly-accessible area? Worry not! Modular lifters are perfect for restricted areas.
- Windows/balconies: Some lifters come with a rotating platform to enable inclination towards windows and balconies. This makes it easier and safer to load and unload and you won't need to lean out over the railings.
- Insurance coverage: Your lifter should preferably have insurance coverage in case any damage is incurred.
- Availability: Some lifting companies are available 24/7 in case any emergency lifting is required.
- Permit: You may need to apply for a permit, especially if you're going to obstruct traffic. Make the necessary inquiries with your local council to avoid receiving any fines.
What are the benefits of renting a lifter?
- Efficiency: Lifting objects from outside is more efficient and less time-consuming than trying to manoeuvre them up the stairs and taking multiple trips.
- Safety: When using a lifter, the chances of the objects falling and hurting passers-by are slim as contents are tightly secured.
- Low risk of damage: Lifting companies are experts in handling bulky objects so the chances of them suffering damage is low.
- No strain on your health: Trying to lift heavy items using your bare hands may have long-term consequences on your health.
- Requires less human resources: There's no need to gather all the manpower you can find to lift heavy objects.
- No electricity needed: Most lifters are battery-operated making them very convenient to use.
Any other services lifting companies provide?
Apart from lifting, certain companies strive to provide a more comprehensive service by offering packaging solutions and furniture moving.
Moving heavy objects doesn't have to be hard-wearing and there are a million ways things can go wrong if bulky objects are not handled properly. So say goodbye to ropes and hoists and say hello to hassle-free lifting. Entrust your belongings to one of the professional lifting companies in Malta and Gozo who're experts in their line of work and who have the right equipment for the job. Your heavy objects will surely be in good hands.
Also discover the range of furniture movers, and companies offering packaging materials and furniture packing.