Planning your wedding? Organising a birthday party? Entertainment is an intrinsic part of any event taking place and you just can't get it wrong. It is what will get your guests on their feet, singing and dancing, and what they will remember in the weeks and years following the event. So contact one of the local DJs to make your event a memorable and unforgettable one.
When can you book a DJ?
DJs can provide entertainment for any event you're organising, be it a wedding, staff party, Christmas gathering, football celebration, karaoke night or bachelor party. They can offer tailored packages depending on the event in question, be it a short wedding after-party or a lush all-day pool party.
Why book a DJ?
- Good music is essential for any celebration to be a success
- He'd be able to adapt to any event, theme and age of guests
- A tailored playlist can be created based on your music preferences
- He'll play the best hits of all times, from classics to the top songs on the local and international music charts in the right order
- Has experience in the entertainment sector
- Can take care of lighting and sound equipment to contribute to the overall ambience
- He can read the crowd and adapt the playlist accordingly
- Will choose songs which will get your guests flocking to the dance floor
What do you need to consider when booking a DJ?
Booking the right DJ for your event requires some thought. Here are some factors to consider and which you need to inquire about:
- The type of music he plays
- The DJ equipment and sound systems he'd be able to provide
- Does his style align with the event in question?
- Does he have a good reputation?
- How many years of experience does he boast in your kind of event? Experienced DJs are more pro in reading their crowd.
- Does he have an outgoing personality? This is crucial.
- Would he need any breaks during the event?
- Will he accept requests by guests?
- Would he be the actual DJ providing entertainment? (This is necessary only when in contact with a large entertainment company)
- Is he capable of making announcements during the event?
- Does he accept other events on the same day?
- Does he have overtime charges?
- Does he have experience in your venue? Make sure he visits the site before the event to plan the best setup
- Ask for samples of his work/ go watch him playing live
- Is he open to your suggestions?
- Does he have a backup solution in case of an emergency (such as sickness)?
- Any other services he offers? Lighting or screens maybe?
- Set a realistic budget- good DJs are not cheap
Do book your DJ as early as possible. Reputable and professional DJs would have a packed schedule so they need to be booked well in advance of the event. Sign a written contract and make sure you verify all details the day before the event.
Sing and dance the night away with one of the DJs in Malta and Gozo and make your event a successful one.
Going through entertainment options? Explore the range of entertainers, singers, musicians and bands around Malta and Gozo.